Tuesday 4 May 2021

WEEK 4 (04-09.05.2021) Xiaomi IoT

 


What is Xiaomi Mi?

I think that each of us has heard about the xiaomi company, perhaps many have a phone or a fitness tracker of their production, but are there many people here who know how large their assortment is? A couple of years ago, I thought that xiaomi produces only phones and the devices and electronics attached to them, but then I began to wonder what else they do, and found out that they have products for almost all occasions.

Officially Xiaomi, but sometimes called Mi for short, let’s find out who the heck this Chinese manufacturing giant is? Confusingly, the ‘MI’ logo actually stands for ‘Mobile Internet’ but someone in the branding team decided it looked better with a small case ‘i’ in the product range, hence the Xiaomi Mi range. Xiaomi was officially founded in April 2010 as developers of their own Android operating system MIUI. After a few series of funding, Xiaomi went on to announce their first smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi 1 which was released in 2012 featuring a Snapdragon S3, 1GB or RAM and a 4 inch display. In the beginning, they were online only but then went on to open their first physical store in China, in 2015. Just two years later in 2017, Xiaomi celebrated opening their 100th store and continue to expand inside & outside of China. After successfully manufacturing smartphones, Xiaomi was on the lookout to expand its product lines. It did and still does this by acquiring smaller tech companies then integrates them into their product line.




What are they makes?

Xiaomi makes everything… Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops, TV’s, TV Boxes, Electric Scooters, Drones, Rice Cookers, Smart Lights, Kettles, Headphones, Speakers, Robot Vacuum Cleaners, Segways, VR Headsets and now even home furnishing and fashion!
So if you haven’t heard of the Chinese Giant Xiaomi before, then shame on you! They’ve won a whole host of design & innovation awards for their huge selection of products!

Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner


If you’re still vacuum’ing your own floors, then I’ve got news for you! You can now grab yourself a little hockey puck shaped robot that’ll clean your home while you’re out at work! The intelligent little puck uses lasers to map out your home, clean it edge-to-edge and then will even go back to it’s charging station all on its own. It's also quite interesting to watch the pet's reaction on it xD

Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Gateway


You'll need this smart home hub in order to control the vast array of Xiaomi smart home sensors. It plugs straight into the mains and doesn't need to be connected via Ethernet, so is about as hassle free a hub as you could hope for.

  

 

Xiaomi Mi Band


This thing, I think, does not need an introduction, since now almost everyone already has it on their hands, even if it is from another production company. A fitness bracelet is a useful thing that helps us monitor the state of the body, especially during exercise or even during sleep.

 

 

 

 

Xiaomi's dash camera


 Dash cameras are a blessing for every driver, especially when it comes to claiming insurance for an accident Without a doubt, Xiaomi's dash cameras use advanced technology that tops many other Cheese in the market. With a 1080P full HD resolution, the Dash Camera has a sufficient screen size of 2.7 inches and weighs 300g

 

  

The Xiaomi Yeelight Candela


The Xiaomi Yeelight Candela is a nifty replacement for candle It has the features of a candle with its light flickering feature. It'll surely help you elevate the ambience of a room. This simple device not only looks beautiful but it is the perfect device that can elevate the ambience and even create a romantic setting at home.

 

 

  


What else?

If you do not particularly like all these smart home accessories, since in fact there are many that are not very necessary or for very lazy people, then you can still pay attention to non-electronic xiaomi products!


Xiaomi is making its way through into the lifestyle products, especially with those backpacks. This lightweight has a carrying capacity up to 10 kg The nylon material is water resistant. Although bag isn't smart like most Xiaomi Products, it's still made from high quality materials and will easily weather the contents from the environment. The 4 grade water repellent material effectively resists the rain.

 

Xiaomi Mi Pen


Well, the Xiaomi Mi Pen is a pen. No, not a Bluetooth pen, nor a pen with a radio. A pen and that's it. However, according to most of the opinions, it seems to be a very comfortable rechargeable pen of excellent quality. However, the Xiaomi Mi Pen uses exclusively ink made by Premec, so it can be difficult to find.

This is just a small part of what xiaomi produces, they also have Toothbrushes, Sneakers, Car pumps, Screwdrivers and much, much more.

 

 

Is Xiaomi a good brand?

Xiaomi is an amazing brand and it's one of the biggest brands in China and all over the world. In just 8 years, they have grown by leaps and bounds to become on the largest and affordable consumer brands in the world. Although Xiaomi's lines of products are affordable, the quality of tech and engineering is absolutely amazing There of course other brands such as Huawei that deliver phones with a similar price range of Xiaomi smartphones But Xiaomi is really pushing the envelope when it comes to gadgets.

Is Xiaomi better than Samsung?

Ever wondered how those budding Chinese phone brands like Xiaomi lasted this long? Well, it not that complicated While Xiaomi is definitely not as wealthy as big brands like Apple or Samsung. They Lasted this long purely due to quality. They actually sold pretty high-end tech and managed to snag some of Samsung's market share because they priced it at one-third of Samsung's So, it is indeed better than Samsung in terms of tech. However, Samsung's brand value is really high so its an up hill battle for Xiaomi

Sources:
https://www.xiaomitoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/xiaomi-backpacks-780x405.jpg
https://bestxiaomiproducts.com/best-xiaomi-products-you-must-buy/
https://img.mysku.me/uploads/pictures/00/26/92/2018/03/16/4209c4.jpg
https://www.xiaomitoday.it/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/xiaomi-mi-store-varsavia-1.jpg
https://www.review-hub.co.uk/best-xiaomi-stuff-gadgets-tech/
https://bestxiaomiproducts.com/best-xiaomi-gadgets/
https://www.tollotoshop.com/best-selling-products-xiaomi-china/

Questions: 

1. Did you know that xiaomi has a very large range of products, not only phones?
2. Which brand do you prefer(Apple, Samsung etc.) and why? (perhaps there will be a matter of safety and trust among the reasons)
3. Which smart gadgets do you have at home and is it produced by xiaomi? (I have xiaomi : phone, weight scale, knives, TV, Robot Cleaner, thermometer, kettle, mi band and really want that Candela ^^)

19 comments:

  1. Honestly, I didn't know that Xiaomi has such a wide range of products (I could only guess it), personally, I only knew it from the smartphone side of course. I'm not a big fan of this brand, but I don't find it bad either. For real enthusiasts, such a range of products must be a real paradise.
    Personally, I've always been a supporter of Huawei, their smartphones have been with me for a long time, and in fact, the first smartphone I had was the Huawei model. I'm attached to them only with sentiment, the appearance of smartphones and the convenience of use, I don't attach much importance to other aspects of this or any other brand. A long time ago I liked Samsung very much, but after a while I was annoyed by the operating system that slows down the device quickly. I was never convinced of Apple products.
    I don't have any smart gadgets at home, however I have to admit some of the ones mentioned in the article sound really cool (like the Candela as well). However, I don't think that they are essential to my life or that they could affect it in any way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pretty similar story, my first push-button phones were Motorola, Siemens and of course Nokia. The first smartphone was already Samsung, but after several different models for the same reason, I decided to try something new and certainly not Apple. My choice was between Huawei and Xiaomi, which I knew nothing about, but on the advice of my friends, I decided to buy Xiaomi... and then I rushed xD

      Delete
  2. 1. I have heard about phones, watch bracelets and vacuum cleaners, and I think I also noticed backpacks somewhere on shopping portals for example on allegro.pl and ebay.com. It's very interesting that a company which was once unknown in Poland has reached such a high position in the business market. Psss by the way, at home I have an automatic soap dispenser Xiaomi :)

    2. I'm not the type of person who becomes convinced of one brand and stays loyal to it. For many years I used Samsung phones, which seemed pretty good to me. Later I chose an Apple product and I am also satisfied. It's hard to say if I would swap Apple for Xiaomi would I be satisfied? I don't know.

    3. As I mentioned in the statement above in my assortment I have an automatic soap dispenser by Xiaomi. Unfortunately I do not have more gadgets from this brand, but I have another gadgets from deferent brand that are also useful in my everyday life, such as wireless headphones, or kitchen scales. In my opinion, not always a recognizable brand is the highest quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I really want this automatic soap dispenser, it's cool and I read on the forums that the branded soap that comes with the kit (or not :/) is also cool and smells really good. But when I ran out of liquid soap at home, I forgot what I wanted and reflexively bought a similar foam soap in Rossman :/ now I'm waiting until it runs out to buy the one from Xiaomi

      Delete
  3. 1. I was aware that Xiaomi produces many types of products, but I did not expect their offer to be so wide! I had no idea that they produce things unrelated to any degree with electronics, e.g. pens.

    2. To be honest, I don't have a favorite brand, but I do have a brand that I try to avoid completely. Apple is this brand, I don't like their products and how they are managed. To some extent, it is also probably related to the lack of my knowledge about their products and operating systems, also c'mon 700$ for Apple Mac Pro Wheels Kit? Some of their prices are out of this world.

    3. I don't own any smart gadgets manufactured by Xiaomi, in general I don't own any from other companies. The only product manufactured by Xiaomi that is in my possession is PowerBank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I forgot to include in the list that I have a PowerBank by Xiaomi. For the same reasons, I don't like Apple products, although I have never denied that they have very good products, but in a matter of principlу I won't switch to apples. I have the impression that if you have already bought something from the Apple, then everything else will gradually need to be bought from apples ...

      Delete
  4. 1. Yes, I've heard about this brand before. Personally, I never had anything made by Xiaomi but I've seen some of their smartphones. To be honest I never really cared about this brand so I wasn't aware about the large product scope. I associated this brand only with phones - the Xiaomi Mi Pen is quite a suprise for me, I don't think that having such wide rage of products is a good option for branding
    2. I try not to buy everything form just one brand - I prefer to research product (e.g vacuum cleaner) in general and then choose brand. If I'd have to get a new phone I'd definitely go with the Apple - I tried their products and I'm content with the quality.
    3. As I mentioned before, I don't have anything from Xiaomi, I'm not a fan of this brand and I don't plan to try their products. At home I have a roomba robot and I totally love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard about this brand before, one of my friends had Xiaomi phone. And in full honesty, she was not extremely thrilled about its performance. If I remember correctly there were some issues with processor, she had to have it fixed several times. When it comes to my experience with the brand, it is nonexistent. I do not own anything from their range of products, which, as I learned right now is very wide. I do feel like it might be a point of concern for me, as I do believe that if you’re trying to do everything at once you end up not doing anything brilliantly. But I may be wrong. I am an Apple girl myself but mostly because I am very used to their products as I used them for years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard about this brand before, one of my friends had Xiaomi phone. And in full honesty, she was not extremely thrilled about its performance. If I remember correctly there were some issues with processor, she had to have it fixed several times. When it comes to my experience with the brand, it is nonexistent. I do not own anything from their range of products, which, as I learned right now is very wide. I do feel like it might be a point of concern for me, as I do believe that if you’re trying to do everything at once you end up not doing anything brilliantly. But I may be wrong. I am an Apple girl myself but mostly because I am very used to their products as I used them for years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Did you know that xiaomi has a very large range of products, not only phones?
    Yes, i was aware that Xiaomi has a lot of products in their portfolio, but i was surprised about quality which as I read seems good.
    2. Which brand do you prefer(Apple, Samsung etc.) and why? (perhaps there will be a matter of safety and trust among the reasons)
    I used few diffferent brands, but after release of Android(which as for me - Tech enthusiast was a breakthru in cellphones ecosystem) and trying Samsung Galaxy S i sticked with Samsung ever since, mostly because I never have any issues with their phones.
    3. Which smart gadgets do you have at home and is it produced by xiaomi?
    None, because just like I said, I didn't bought any thing from Xiaomi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Yes, I do know Xiaomi is a huge brand. I've followed it's products for a while so I am familiar with numerous devices from chinese powerhouse.
    2. Personally, I do not put any producer above others. Taking my kitchen into consideration, almost every device in it is produced by a different company. On the opposite, I have brands I do not like, one of them is Samsung. In my opinion for the prices of Samsung products we can get way much better devices from competition.
    3. Actually I do like Xiaomi's devices. I own some home gadgets by Xiaomi, such as: robot vacuum cleaner, handheld vacuum cleaner, air purifier, air humidifier, two bands (one for my husband), sonic facial brush, Inface Eyecare Tool and some more. The one I look for in a close time is Mi TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regarding Samsung, I completely agree, this is the problem of well-known brands, you overpay 20% or more only for the brand. Xiaomi TVs are very good, and not only for their price category, but in general. Not so long ago I read that they are preparing a new TV line very soon, there must be something interesting. They also have a world's first mass-produced transparent TV that looks very cool but the price is also decent)

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. To be honest I did not know that Xiaomi has that large range of products. Their assortment looks very diversified, and some products seem to be very useful.
    When it comes to phones, I prefer Apple products. They obviously have some cons as any device may have, however they last for long and are in a very good condition for years. I’m not a type of person who changes iPhone each time they announce new edition, hence I still use my iPhone SE and I’m hoping to be able to use it much longer.
    Unfortunately, I do not have any Xiaomi products at home, hence my lack of knowledge about the variety of their technological devices, however I’ve heard many times that it is a very reliable brand and if someday I need to buy something, I’ll remember to check out their products first.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew that Xiaomi has an extensive range of products, but I did not know that it is so large. I was once at MiStore in GAL-MOK and could find different products there - from phones to a kettles.
    I've always had Samsung products, but have had Apple products for a while. Personally I’m not attached to any of these brands - but if I had to choose, Samsung wins :) Smartphones are more intuitive for me and in my opinion Android has more possibilities than iOS.
    I have only a one gadget made by Xiaomi - a Mi Band 5. This is a cool gadget that I mainly use to measure my steps during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have heard that Xiaomi portfolio is huge, however i didn’t know they produce backpacks :O. Its quite interesting that with such big portfolio of products they still keep good quality on them. I started my journey with Andorid stuff, however around 7 year ago i switched to Apple, it was best decision of my life i would say. Im not a tech freak so i do not appreciate all solution provided by Android. Im simple, i like simple solutions and for me IOS is simplest software available on market - thats why apple products are my chose. I have Xiaomi electronic scooter and some kitchen stuff. I enjoy them and they have never failed me. I appreciate price of their products however me using IOS stuff its sometimes hard to pair Xiaomi products with what i have currently, that’s why im not investing my money to their watches ect.

    ReplyDelete