Monday 8 December 2014

Week 5 (08.12-14.12.14): The Polish Mountains.

Good morning everyone, the title of my presentation is: The Polish Mountains.

First, I would like to talk about two places that are worth visiting.
These are :
- czerwone wierchy


- dolina pieciu stawow

Then I will move on to give you some advice how to get prepared for a trip to those places.
If you have any questions, I will answer them in the comments.

Let Me ask you a question:
What places come to your mind when you think about mountains?
Most of you,will probably say:
- kropowki, 


- morskie oko,


giewont, 

they are really atractive and popular, but also full of annoying tourists.

If you go a litte bit farther, you will find as beautiful places as the popular spots, but not that crowded.

These are:
- czerwone wierchy
- dolina pięciu stawów.
  
First of all, i will talk about czerwone wierchy.


Their name can be explained with the fact that in autumn the mountain meadows are full of red flowers as You can see in the picture.
If you take a walk there, everything around you is red.
However, this is not the only reason why we should go there.
In czerwone wierchy we can also climb four peaks, these are :
- Ciemniak 2096 m


 
- Krzesanica – 2122 m

 
- Małołączniak 2096 m

 
- Kopa kondracka 2005 m


As You can see it is really worth seeing.
That's all for Czerwone wierchy.

Lets move on to Dolina pieciu stawow.


As the name suggests it is a valley with five lakes, which you can see walking through the valley.
The place is definitely worth seeing mainly because of its landscapes.


The view of the lakes surrounded by the mountains is breathtaking.
Before going to those places it is really important to get well prepared.
There are some pieces of advice that you should take into consideration:
- first, you should buy good pair of shoes,



 - the next thing is a backpack with a jacket, a bottle of water, food and choclate.
Jacket in case of rain.



Bottle of water in case of thirst.
Food in case of being hungry.


Chocolate to increase the level of sugar in your body when it is too low.



As You can see preparation for the trip in the above-mentioned points is not very complicated issue. Specialized equipment is also not required in any case, well, maybe the shoes, but their cost scales within 150-300PLN. As regards the difficulty, these are very mild route, but still time consuming. Be prepared to walk for about 12 hours, take into account the weather, that it was not raining and it was the sun, and You can enjoy the beauty of the mountains move. I was there in person two years ago and to be honest I go back there again. There I developed any injury, the situation is not expected have not known, maybe except fatigue, which is a well remember the pride I beat Czerwone Wierchy of (route rather long). This can not be forgotten :) I really recommend it, but what do you think gold, maybe some of you have already seen these places?

Sources:
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czerwone_Wierchy
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolina_Pi%C4%99ciu_Staw%C3%B3w_Polskich
http://footsteps.cba.pl/wp-content/gallery/czerwone-wierchy/img_2856.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-L6yJIaG3mTA/TfL3XoCt3OI/AAAAAAAAAYU/FwlUv5Syyyg/s1600/dolina_pieciu_stawow%255B1%255D.jpg
http://www.marekkacperek.pl/krupowki/images/k41.jpg
http://www.ezakopiec.net.pl/atrakcje/morskie-oko/7.jpg
https://fotopolska.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/mg_0099.jpg?w=529&h=352
http://www.globtroter.pl/zdjecia/polska/69480_polska_tatry_zachodnie_czerwone_wierchy.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f3/Krzesanica_a1.jpg/1024px-Krzesanica_a1.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2f/Czerwone_Wierchy_a7.JPG/1024px-Czerwone_Wierchy_a7.JPG
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/HW_Kondracka_Kopa.jpg/1024px-HW_Kondracka_Kopa.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_H43OXXfqlKc/TJ55CNC0HQI/AAAAAAAAHWc/A8-7xuOD9Q4/s640/654758.jpg
http://kolumber.pl/upload/photos/0007/8132/8b35f626f9ce225be97c3ffe5cc37c09_big.JPG
http://www.footwear2you.com/sites/footwear2you.com/files/Trekking%20and%20Hiking%20Shoes%20-%2011.jpg
http://www.blessthisstuff.com/imagens/stuff/img_finisterre_jacket_2.jpg
http://admin.kidspot.com.au/images/contentarticles/3611.jpg
http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/sandwich.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Yorkie-Bar.jpg/1024px-Yorkie-Bar.jpg

and My experience :)

24 comments:

  1. I don't know what's with this week's presentations, but they are very short and really hard to comment. I really hate hiking , for me it’s one of the most “boring” ways of spending your holidays. Don’t get me wrong, of course, lying on the beach, sitting in front of computer etc., not doing anything is far more lazy, then taking a walk, but I have never been able to get what’s so fascinating or wonderful in hiking. Fresh air, beautiful sights, pushing your body to the limits – it’s not for me. but it so boring… (like Zip-lining in South Park - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSQ0psC1N54, the whole episode is a good commentary of what I think about hiking). I’m glad you have found a way of spending your free time, but it’s not my piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, this episode was awesome. To be honest, I enjoy hiking as well as zip-lining.
      Anyway It's about his passion, you can easily write an essay about hiking and it's hard to do this in one post.
      Still, Should We avoid writing such topics?
      Of course, I respect your point of view.
      End of off-topic.
      I do enjoy hiking, but I prefer bieszczady over Tatry. Less crowded most of the time. Of course they are lower than Tatry as well.
      I had a chance to do some hiking in California this autumn.
      Some of them are listed here:
      http://www.everytrail.com/best/hiking-california

      Delete
    2. I'm not a right person to decide whether we should write about such topics or not, but in my opinion, the last presentation - "Bang, bang" is the most interesting one and for that the best. I'm not saying that the others are less significant, worse, but have less content we can comment on. Compare this weeks with those from the last year:

      http://konwersatorium3.blogspot.com/2014/04/week-4-is-it-still-polish.html
      http://konwersatorium3.blogspot.com/2014/05/sweet-dreams-earlyto-bed-and-early-to.html
      http://konwersatorium3.blogspot.com/2014/05/week-6-should-we-rethink-way-we-run-our.html

      To name the few. Even some of "My trip to", which I personally hate were great:
      http://konwersatorium3.blogspot.com/2014/04/week-3-my-trip-to-budapest.html

      Each week there was at least one great presentation, which made me eager to comment. This term... I'm quite disappointed. I may sound like a prat, but it's my honest opinion.

      Delete
  2. I was hiking at Madera Island and it was very spectacular for me! It was 1 year ago and I very enjoyed it. I have never had opportunity hiking in Poland.
    ~What places come to your mind when you think about mountains?
    Dolomites! I'm snowboarder and I fall in love with them! Views are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolomites, mountains favorite of Pope John Paul 2, I can only envy the possibility to drive there on a snowboard.

      Delete
  3. I like walking in the forest. I like mountains. I have been in all places that you mentioned.
    Polish Tatras are very nice but pretty small. They ar also interesting in the winter time, late autumn or early spring. This year I was in Norway and spend ten days in mountains. It was fantastic. Everyday horizon changed and everyday I've been on another planet. I think its one of the best place for hikers
    in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say Norway, I will remember, as I have the opportunity, I will go there. P.S. I will agree that the Tatras are small.

      Delete
  4. The presentation is short and more like opening of article about Polish Tatras. I think you can add a map with tagged places and routes worth to go.

    I was in Tatras on October this year. The mountains are pretty impressive but tye weather was but. When I climbed on the Kopa Kondracka it was raining and I can see only a huge fog. But still it was beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. It's difficult to say where are the best places in which to go, I think any place in the Tatras is worth to see. Personally, I could proposed route for 3 days, with overnight stays in shelters. As for maps, issued with one hard to find, but this site should help: http://www.tatry.info.pl/slowackie/zachodnie/bystra/index.php

      Delete
  5. I have been only once on trip like that and to be honest I don’t like it. Of course vistas/scenery were really awesome and I felt something like pride when I made it by myself but the whole trip was little boring for me. Nonetheless, I like mountains because I ride on snowboards and similar like @Przemek I adore Dolomites! As far as now trip to Cortina d’Ampezzo was my best trip ever. The view was nice, sky so blue without clouds and – what is more important – slopes were brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I agree with you that a trip to the sometimes boring, but once you get there, boredom is rewarded with views :) If you're bored really hard, do yourself stops from time to time, bring your mp3 player for listening to music, boredom can kill: )

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been to Dolina Pięciu Stawów once. It is a beautiful place but to be honest I am not really fun of 'mountaineering'. What is more I have made a begginer's mistake and forgot about right shoes. Terrible...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been to given places in my life, that's why I cannot say much about them anyway I've went to Alps once. I totally agree with shoes case. These are the most important if we don't want to suffer feet pain for a week or two. This is the point on which we shouldn't save money for our pleasure of enjoying views which are so exciting, colorful and calming that we should take as much effort as possible to ensure maximum pleasure from experiencing the beauty of mountains we encounter. If someone is looking for different experiences differing from everyday routine, going for mountain trip is the perfect way to calm our mind, tidy up our thoughts or simply meditate in solitude!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not into hiking, but mountains provide a beautiful view, so I can understand why one would choose it as a hobby - especially that it is also a good way of staying physically active.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried to find something about Kasprowy Wierch in your presentation but it was impossible. Last year I was in Zakopane and it`s so fantastic base to visit a lot of Tatra`s assets and Kasprowy is an example. The scenery there was unbelievable - like on the peak of the world. I can only imagine what view could be from higher mountain top. Of course everyone could have opposite opinion but I like everything there, from Krupówki to Rysy :) . It`s so beautiful place to spend a time a don’t be afraid about a crowd of people there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is article for me. I can talk about our mountains and talk and talk and talk :)
    When I was 13 years old I went to a trip in our mountains and I knew that I will go there again. Every year I've spent 2-3 weeks walking from peak to peak. I was on almoust 70-80% of routes available to tourists. I think that mountains is the last place where people can really feel the nature and see how awsome our planet can be :) thanks for great photos !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi !
    Your article was very interesting. I think I will try hiking this year. So far I've been in mountains only during winter (snowboarding), and while the view is nice, I believe it would be far better during other seasons (first photo in your presentation is really amazing). Thanks for nice presentation !

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know you should start names of places with capital letter, right? ;)
    I love mountains and Tatry are beautiful but I prefer less crowded places in general.
    From my experience you could find magical places in every mountains be it bigger or smaller, rocky or woody. And hiking is state of mind. If some of you don't get it I don't think it can be explained. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the mountains as a small boy because I used to go hiking with my mother. I love the fresh air and raw nature. Mountains are majestic in their stillness and it always made me feel calm and relaxed. If I were to try hiking I suppose that I'd rather go to the less known places to avoid crowds and other people in general. The most beautiful places in the world are those that noone has been to before.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the cool guide about polish mountains. Next time my know it all friend says anything about mountains I will answer back with the knowledge from your article. I have a weirdo friend who wears a very expensive wristwatch with GPS maps and stuff just to be cool. When he went to the mountains he said he never used the watch because smartphone was enough with its map. LOLZ. Anyway it's a great guide but you know... I'm not going to wear those shoes from the picture. Of course for mountain trip there is one and only type of shoes which is Kubota slippers. I don't know why even people try to use any other gear than that...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know it sucks a bit, but since i moved to Poland i never had been to most polish mountains except for morskie oko. Mostly because at that point i was going back to my homeland and never had a chance to actually go on a trip. But is really nice you posted list of less popular mountains, because now i do have time and i really want to go somewhere, maybe to draw outside or do some videos. Or maybe just to escape the mundane city life.
    Also from the pictures you presented, czerwony wierzchny got my attention. At least as a thumbnail it look like canyon. And i really love your guide on how to be prepared :) So simple yet so important.

    ReplyDelete